This was definitely a busy trip, full of moments and firsts. We were able to visit with friends from College, Med school, and tons of family. Thanks to everyone who played, housed, and fed us. The biggest first on the trip though was seeing Devan's family. Not long after we were married there was a series of misunderstanding and disagreements that lead to a huge falling out. We haven't seen or spoken to them in nearly 5 1/2 years (except for Downi that is). Since we were going to be in town, Devan emailed everyone and asked if they would like to meet the boys. Not only did they answer, they were excited about the opportunity. To tell you the truth, I was a nervous wreck. I had no idea what to expect. Not only was it like walking into a room full of strangers that you should know, the last contact I had with them was less than positive, and I didn't have Devan by my side. I no sooner pulled into the driveway though before they came out to greet us and were getting the kids out of the car. Their warmth, made it seem like we had seen each other yesterday. I am so excited at the possibility of putting this family back together and the realization that I have so many more "siblings" to get to know and enjoy.
 |
| Everyone checking Jaxon out for the first time |
 |
| Derek is the new proud papa of 2 day old baby Ellie |
 |
| Uncle Derek was definitely a Jamis favorite |
 |
| Cousin Kelton and Jamis were fast friends |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Griner |
 |
| Can you tell they are related or what? |
 |
| Happy Grandpa Griner |
 |
| Uncle Daynon |
 |
| Aunt Danza |
 |
| Aunt Downi |
 |
| Always curious how things work |
 |
| The Griner Boys |
 |
| Jamis was sad to leave Grandpa |
 |
| Nearly the whole Griner family |
1 comment:
wow. i want to hear more. glad it went well.
Post a Comment