Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Brithday DEVAN!!!!

Every year Devan pretends he doesn't have a birthday. He doesn't want to do anything big or really anything at all. Well I don't like this and since his birthday is obviously about what I want, every year I do something, and every year I get all sorts of fun looks and sighs from our birthday boy. Well this year was no different, though I did have a little compassion and scaled things down a bit.

Since our life is Hospital #1, Life #2, we celebrated Devan's birthday the day before and the day after (you have to love being on call). So on the 1st we had a family party complete with a candle lit enchiladas, sparkling cider, and cheese cake dinner. With Jamis mesmerized with the firelight and Devan amazed at my cooking, it was a fun night.

On the 3rd we went out to Dev's fav restaurant, TGIFridays, with the Arne's. Beckie surprised him with a scandalise bikini cake and I was successful in my promise NOT to tell our waiter it was his birthday.

Devan's first solo reduction.

Though he was reluctant about even admitting it was his birthday, Devan actually admitted to having a good time. I hated to break it to him but once again, I was right!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course you're right...you're the wife! :) February 2nd always comes and goes with Curt and I having the conversation: "It's Devan's birthday today, yup." We know he's not the celebrating type, so we just wish him a happy birthday in our minds! Oh, and love the cake, what a riot!

Adrienne said...

that cake is too funny

Unknown said...

hey! nice to see an update. i agree, january went by in a blink...good luck with interviews, i hope you come here! it would be so fun. but i'm sure you'll just end up where you are supposed to be. that really makes me laugh about Jamis getting his own breakfast. haha! he is so cute.

Curt Jensen said...

Happy Birthday Devan! Love the cake.