Sunday, March 1, 2009

Since becoming a stay-at-home mom has proved to be hazardous for my waistline, I joined a gym and Jamis and I have become quite the loyal customer. During my workout Jamis gets to have his workout in the play area swing. Now I am one of those moms who didn't want to buy all the latest and greatest baby gadgets (maybe because Devan is always telling me, "the pioneers didn't have.....) so I never got a swing. I have come to see the errors of my ways. Jamis loves the swing. He smiles, he laughs, he sleeps. Now I just feel like a bad mom for depriving him of this enjoyment. So while I search for a mechanical swing, Devan has become the human swing. Jamis doesn't complain. To ease the abandonment tantrum we have every time Mommy is not in direct eye contact, Jamis has joined me in the bathroom for "getting ready" time. He has a good time playing with hair bands and clips and sometimes finds himself hog tied. Hey any attention is good attention right?

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

cute. swings are great, if we still had one I'd give it to you.

Jerry and Maaret said...

nice swing!! i love it!

Jerry and Maaret said...

nice swing!! i love it!

Unknown said...

love the pics of the cakes below, those are way good!!! cute pics of baby jamis too!

Natalie said...

Do you want to borrow our swing? It surrently sits in Sakura's room and holds junk. I love the pics of him hog-tied! So funny!