Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby J, Baby J, Where are you???

All day I've been on a mission to find my sweet little baby.

"Baby J where are you? Are you my baby?"
"No, I'm a big boy just hanging out in my room."

"Baby J, Baby J where are you? Are you my baby?"

"No, I'm a big boy just soakin' up some rays."

"Baby J, Baby J, where are you? Are you my baby?"

"No, I'm just a big boy riding my hog"

"Where, oh where, could my baby be?"

"Oh, mom, your so silly""Think about it mom. Just cause I'm growing up, doesn't mean I'm not your baby anymore."

"I'll always be your baby."

It's amazing how fast time flies and how quickly my baby is not so slowly becoming a big boy.

1 month
2 months
3 months
1 month
2 months
3 months
This past week it seems as though, Jamis has grown a ton. He is so aware of his surroundings and has become quite proficient in communicating his needs. He knows his hands are his and he controls them. He knows when I'm not paying attention to him. He knows that when I hold him a certain way, he is going to get a bottle. He know that when he is on his changing table, he is going to be cared for. He knows that his binky is not his bottle and he pulls it out. Its so much fun, watching the lights come on inside him. Lately his favorite thing is to watch Max, our dog. Max has always acknowledged him, but has really showed little interest until now. Max finds Jamis's toys fascinating. On Friday we took Max to the dog park. Usually Max runs and plays with anyone and everyone. This time though he would not leave the bench Jamis and I were on. Every time a dog would approach us, Max would growl and bark and chase the dog way from us. He would then come back look at us, lick us, and sit down again in front of us. It was so cute. I've never seen Max so protective. A boy and his dog. No greater love.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

that is such a great idea with the month pics. I wish I would have done something like that.

Unknown said...

Love the month photos! He is just so cute I want to squeeze his little chubby cheeks and cute legs! Oh...what a darling boy!

Curt Jensen said...

I love that you call Jamis Baby J! When we were expecting Mary Ann we would refer to her as Baby J (Jensen). Reading your post brought back a ton of memories.