Saturday, February 21, 2009

Griner Family Vacation...Party of 3

A few years ago I thought it would be a brilliant idea to "save" some money. We (I use we loosely because Devan only went along with it to appease me) had agreed to attend a "NO pressure" informational seminar to get some free tickets to an attraction for a trip we were currently on. I'm not sure how they define pressure, but of course one thing lead to another and we walked out (again much to Devan's dismay) with a vacation package that I was sure would save us a bundle on future vacations. Well fast forward several years and our "investment" was about to expire and needed to be used or those once used "free" tickets would become the most expensive tickets we'd ever purchased. So since Devan had the past week off, we headed out to Gatlinburg, TN for our first family vacation. Jamis was a champ during our 8 hour drive to the Smokey Mountains and loved being part of everything. Here are some trip highlights!

We were so excited to finally be able to take Jamis hiking. Thankfully we had beautiful weather the entire week and were able to take him on a few explorations. He was a total champ and even though he slept most of the time I know he loved it!



































Jamis's first waterfall.















Diaper change in the wild. My little boys is a man.








Lots of Daddy-Son bonding






























The wild life was both beautiful and plentiful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

fun! i have never been to the smokey mountains! jamis is still so tiny! very cute.

Adrienne said...

beautiful pictures. glad your back though.

Unknown said...

Looks like the trio of you had so much fun! Who is the amazing photographer? I love the photos! But I have to say, Jamis is the absolute cutest little boy ever! He makes my heart melt! Hopefully he and Mary Ann can play and hang out...one of these days! Keep the pictures a'coming, as it's the only way we'll get to see him grow! :)