Saturday, April 7, 2012

AmAZing Vaca Part 1

This years family vacation was the best I think we've ever had.  The festivities actually started before Devan actually even was off work.  Our great friends from Wilmington, the Arnes, drove down and spent the week with us.  I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take any pics with them.  We had a blast though showing them around Chattanooga and just laughing together.  Miss those guys so much and hate being so far from them.


So our actual vacation started Friday evening when Devan got off work.  The YMCA down the street from us was having an Easter egg hunt that night.  Jamis was so excited to go.  He wanted to do everything.  His favorite part though was the face painting.  This was his first time to get his face painted.  Devan met us there and then we rushed home, got the babysitter, and went on the most amazing date EVER!!!

We had heard that one amazing singer was coming to Chattanooga and having a concert, but despite many attempts, I was unable to get tickets.  Well.....Friday at about 3pm I found some.  Not just any tickets though.  Row 3 tickets!!!!! 
See that woman in the middle there.  That my friend is the one and only ALISON KRAUSS!!!!!  I had died and gone to heaven for sure.  She preformed with Union Station and it was pure perfection.  Ohhhh, I'm still pinching myself.
Yes we were both a little excited.
Perfect start to the perfect week.

No comments: