Bruce and I teamed up to surprise Beckie with a surprise birthday party at her favorite restaurant, Indochine.


The big surprise came after dinner though, when Beckie was surprised with a weekend get-a-way to the BIG APPLE with Jackie and I.
Last year when Devan and I were in the city, the one thing I really wanted to do was go to the top of the Empire State Building. I was SO excited to get there, and then I found out you had to pay to go up. Well, being the tightwad I can be at times, I thought that was ridiculous to pay to go up on an elevator so I made us turn around in the lobby. Well, I've regretted it from that moment on. So here I am a year later, having learned my lesson that its OK to save money, but you've got to enjoy the journey at the same time. Worth EVERY penny and more by the way.
We were also able to go see the musical "Wicked." WoW!!! Is all I can say to sum the show up. It was amazing. The costumes, the music, the lighting. I loved every second of it.We nearly missed our flight leaving, threw up out the cab window (no names here, but lets just say one of us gets really car sick) (oh, the looks on people's faces...priceless), walked the entire city, shopped, ate more than we should've, people watched, shopped, taste tested all the cupcake shops, shopped, hit several street fairs, shopped, laughed, cried, and loved every second of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment