Well the time has come.
Jamis is almost 2 and has finally learned how to crawl IN his crib. Although he hasn't tried to get OUT by himself, I wasn't looking forward to hearing that dreaded head cracking THUMP sound, so we went ahead and upgraded to the BIG BOY BED.

Last night in his crib. Take note of the sunglasses. This kid won't take them off. Inside or outside he has his shades on (
usually upside down too I might add).
Devan and I wanted to get our Car obsessed child a car bed, but couldn't believe how expensive they were. $300 new, $120 on craigslist, but I scored with this one at a garage sale for $15 in perfect condition. Jamis was SO excited. It would've been worth the $300 after all.

First night in the BIG BOY BED.

Now can I just brag for a second on my wonderful child. When making the switch I was prepared for lots of crying, late nights, putting him back in bed a thousand times. Well, my sweet boy has done none of that. He is excited to get into bed, he stays there the whole night or nap time, and when he wakes up he won't get out of bed until I come in the room. The only problem we have is that he thinks the bed transforms into a trampoline during the day. Now, I doubt this will last, but WOW. He's such a good boy.

So proud of his new bed.
Jamis's room slowly is transforming into a big boy's room.
1 comment:
isn't it crazy when they get a big bed? we skipped the toddler bed and went straight to a twin and just can't believe how small he looks in it! and not to jinx you, but charlie never got out of his bed until like 2 months after he got it. now it's at least 1x/night every night. boo.
Post a Comment