I can't believe Christmas is already here or really that it is already over. I LOVE Christmas and this Christmas was the best yet. This year my parents and little brother drove all the way down from South Dakota (a 2 day drive each way!!!) to spend the holiday with us. We were so glad to see them, show off our new town to them, and share in our Christmas traditions with them.
Every Christmas since we've been married, Devan and I do the 12 days of Christmas to a special family. This year was SO much fun. Every night Jamis was so excited to go do Secret Santa. It was heartwarming to see him so excited to hold the presents in the car, tip toe to the front door, carefully set the presents down, and with the biggest smile ever, he'd ring the doorbell and run. Secret Santa this year totally made the entire Christmas season for me. Love it.
It may sound a little silly, but another favorite part of Christmas is staying up late and wrapping presents with my mom. Its nothing exciting, but the few times I've done it, it always sticks out to me. Maybe it makes me feel like I'm "on the inside" now.
Of course the boys always "help" too.
All done. Can't wait to see Jamis's face.
Jamis was really excited this year. The magic of it all is really starting for him. He still isn't into the whole Santa thing yet, but I'm glad.
Happy 1st Christmas Jax. He didn't get what was going on, but loved the lights, paper, and boxs.
Dad showing off his new boating shirt Devan got for him.
Mom and Dad checking out the blanket I quilted for them. It was definitely a handmade pintrest Christmas on my end.
Devan got the boys all little airsoft guns.
Nate was regretting ever getting in a war with Dev
Playing with all their loot.
The living room went on to look like this for days.
Although Devan was on call the entire weekend, we were still able to get away and play. The boys played lots of airsoft, we explored the entire town, had dinner with friends, and went repelling.
Poor loved starved child
Waiting for the men to descend
This was Dad and Nates first time ever repelling. I still am shocked Dad did it, he is deathly afraid of heights. So proud of him for going out on a limb (tehehe)!
Look at Nate go
What an amazing Christmas. Family, friends, giving, receiving and the love of Christ all around.
2 comments:
Miss you all! I keep meaning to call and chat. Merry Christmas.
My favorite picture has to be the one of Jamis in his underwear in the skates. What an awesome Christmas. And I'm so jealous you got to go repelling! I'm glad you got to have your family out there with you!
Post a Comment