I love long weekends. Labor Day weekend is always my favorite. Not only is it the day my sweety became all mine (thanks for 6 wonderful years Devan) its a weekend that Devan also typically has off. This Labor Day/Anniversary Weekend we spent with our Wilmington Fam the Arnes. Of course no trip of ours is ever short of adventure. The day we were leaving our cabin fell through. Luckily Devan's old attending, Dr. Harris, came through and let us use his place in Boone, NC which wasn't far from our original destination.
Getting ready to hike near Grandfather Mountain
Those baby blues
Jamis had to get in the carrier when it was time for a rest. He wasn't too happy, but fell asleep in 5 mins flat.
Jax wasn't sure about climbing off the rock
Devan and his boyfriend
Jamis had the time of his life. He had his Beckie and Gab back AND got to jump off rocks. Life doesn't get any better.
Cabot trying to act excited about our adventures
Poor kid, no one loves him
Peek a boo
Since we were on our mountain adventure I was letting Jamis pee outside a lot more than normal. Then one day while he was doing said activity he started going "Woow look how far I can go" as he was peeing a mile away and making shapes on the ground. I laughed and then told Devan, thinking he came up with this all on his own. Devan, not surprised at all, then showed me this picture.
Jax learned some bad behavior too
It was so misty up on the mountain
This bridge is a mile high from sea level and 80ft from the ground. It was actually pretty fun to walk across. It gently swung in the breeze.
So on our way to Linville Falls, Cameron got a little car sick and threw up EVERYWHERE.
Since it was the trip of too many bodily functions, Jamis just had to go to the bathroom that very moment. Oh, the poor people driving by. (see how amused Jamis is with this whole thing). The kicker of the whole thing though is when Dev put him back in the car he said, "I crapped in the woods like a bear" I still am going to spank the person who taught my son that 'c' word!
At least it made Cameron feel better about his bodily functions
Linville Falls
Cameron
Enjoying a little milk with the bro


1 comment:
Thanks for the talk the other night. And it looks like the weekend was good to you. I love the bear in the woods comment. Those pictures looked so beautiful! And handsome boys.
Post a Comment