Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Black Couch

Nice couch right?
Wrong!!!!! Let me tell you about our little black couch. We sold our couches before the move and the plan was to get leather couchs off craigslist. Well I spent the last month looking for the perfect couch that both Devan and I would like. This one came up for a good price and also had a matching love seat and recliner and the guy was going to deliver it. Sounds good to me. So the guy brings them over and as I'm cleaning them I note that they are 100% vinyl not the 100% leather that I was told they were. Not so happy. And then I hear a faint "squeek squeek." My heart dropped. Somthing was LIVING in the couch. I made the guy back and made him carry it back down the stairs and outside to see what the heck was in this couch. Sure enough we found this little guy and several of his siblings.
Momma wasn't far behind
They were brand new little guys. Their eyes were still shut and they couldn't even walk. Pretty cute, but not cute in my new couch. He spent sometime getting them all out and I was stupid enough to take the couch back, but he said if I found more to give him a call. Well of course later that night when we had all the Plastic Residents over for dinner I hear a "squeek squeek" again (and yes they were sitting on the couch). I just about died. I so hope they didn't hear it. So I leave my guests and go call they guy. I want him to take the furniture back. Not only did he misadvertise the couch he gave me a couch infested with mice. Long story short, he got really mad and told me the sale was over and if I didn't want them I should just sell them to someone else. Well I couldn't take it anymore so I turned it over to Devan. Lots of choise words were exchanged. The guy was being a total jerk. So the next morning we rented a trailer and drove out to the guys house and left them on his driveway. After cooling down some he said he would give us our money back, but I'm not holding my breath. I couldn't believe the nerve of that guy to be so dishonest.
Of course several more mice found here way out on the drive over. Thankfully since they were so new still none got into the house. Needless to say, we stopped and bought a brand new sofa set on the way home. Thumbs down to used sofas.

1 comment:

Curt Jensen said...

Please tell us you got your money back! Can't you report this guy to Craigslist?! I know that eBay has a place to report bad sellers and/or products, and they take it seriously!!!