Saturday, March 13, 2010

What a beautiful DAY!!!!

Spring has finally sprung here in good 'ol Wilmington. Jamis and I spent the entire day outside. First we attempted to tame our jungle of a backyard. As I weeded, Jamis discovered the joy of mud, freedom, rocks, and pure boyhood.


Nothing is as exciting as a doggy door though.

Now I've known for sometime now that my yard is completely out of control, but it went to a whole new level today. As I was prepping my garden area I came across two, what I believe, to be eggs.

OK, so I know they look like rocks in this pic, but seriously they're not. They are soft and mushy and really terrifying. So I've spent the rest of the day trying to determine there fate. Now if they are turtle eggs, great hatch and join the Griner Jungle, but if there not....well that posses a much more gruesome future. Me, I think they're alligator eggs, but I know the likely hood of a gator jumping my 6 ft fence, laying two random eggs, jumping back over the fence all while dodging Max, is pretty much out there, but hey gators most lay eggs where they were born right??? So, in the mean time I put them safely in my newly weed-free garden bed and will spend the rest of the night deciding who and what they are and weather or not they belong in my back yard.

After that fun adventure we packed up and went to the beach! To my great disappointment it was 10 degrees cooler there, windy, and not too beach like. It was great to run on the sand though. Jamis loved it until he touched the water and then he wanted nothing to do with the rest of the day. To keep up his image though he had to double up on the "Cool Dudes" (as we call sunglasses).

Yes, he really did this all by himself. He's been wearing glass, I mean Cool Dudes, everyday lately.

Valorie is always a Jamis fav.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

those eggs are creepy.. wonder what they are. too bad we missed the beach but it will be warmer next time.