Monday, May 11, 2009

Where does the time go


After much anticipation......the Griners are BACK!!!! Though I'm not sure were it has gone, the past month has been quite the blurr. There's a little recap:
  • Jamis continues to grow and just when I don't think he can possibly be any cuter, he goes and learns something new. He is 5 1/2 months old now and has realized that he has an opinion and learns everyday how to express it more. He can now roll over BOTH ways and as a Mommies Day present to me he cut his first tooth. What a doll baby.
  • Devan planted some really cool bamboo trees in our back yard. He "borrowed" them from the forest by our house and they add quite the exotic touch to our back yard.
  • I was called as Primary President in our ward two weeks ago (this is really what is to blame with the lack of Blogging recently) and surprisingly am still alive. I had no idea what a job I was undertaking. Be sure to give your Primary President a hug next week.
  • Earlier this week my dad broke BOTH hands. How could this be you ask? Well, let me illustrate it for you. Elderly people have fragile bones. Dirt Bike racing is considered a dangerous sport. Combine the two and ..... (sorry for calling you Elderly dad, but you aren't such a young buck anymore, you are a grandpa these days :) ). Thankfully he is doing well. He that them both plated today and should be back to work in no time (thankfully since he is a SURGEON and hands are a little important in that field, never mind the fact that he is supposed to start his new practice in 3 weeks) (there I think I got my frustration out on that subject, moving on)
  • Devan has successfully recruited the entire neighborhood in an attempt to over through the government. The boys meet on a regular basis for a friendly game of "war" with airsoft guns. No major casualties yet to report.
  • My little sister, Rachael, is Prego!!! She is due Dec 26th and despite "the suckiest birthday in the world" (as she put it) the baby is doing well and all are excited.
  • I won the lottery today too, the St. George Marathon Lottery that is. On Oct. 3 I will be joining my mom, sister-in-law, friend, and four of my aunts for the race. 26.2, prepared to be conquered.
  • Lastly and most importantly, I had my first Mother's Day ever. My boys made it the best day possible. I have never had a time in my life were I was more happy. I LOVE being a mom and I feel so blessed to be mom to the best little guy in the world. On top of that I even get to be the mother of Devan Griner's kid. How cool is that. My boys treated me like a princess all day. They arranged for us to have pro photos done this week, wrote me the sweetest love letter ever, and iced me with the a beautiful birthstone necklace. I'm the luckiest woman in the world.

And of course more Jamis pics...


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I'm glad you had the best first Mother's Day ever! You have two of the cutest boys around, so I'm glad they showed you lots of love.
And I can't remember if I told you, but we want to access your blog when you go private. I need to see you cute little guy grow up!
And woah, Primary President! Good luck with that ;) You'll be so great!

Jerry and Maaret said...

what a sweet little baby you have! I can't believe your dad broke both hands dirt bike racing! that's sad but oh so funny.... i miss you & your family :)

Amber Lee said...

Janae, I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile. Jamis is the cutest little thing, and it's fun to see how much you two adore him. Devan is so cool to play with all the neighborhood boys like that--I love it! And you'll be a WONDERFUL primary president--I just know it! Plus, kids love young, pretty girls, so you're already a ward favorite, I'm sure! Good luck! Actually, I guess I should say God Bless!

Unknown said...

i cant believe your dad broke his hands!! im glad they are healing... and wow your doing the marathon with your mom? good job girls! congrats to racheal!! sounds like you have been really busy! glad to hear an update.

Jeremy and Jami said...

Wow Jenae! Your boy's a little heart stealer! Primary President? Good for you! You will do a great job. Sounds like you've been very busy. It probably won't slow down either. Just keep your neighborhood militia in line.

Tara and Dan said...

What a cutie pie! I loved reading your update. Glad you had a great mother's day!

anna said...

Yes, it has been years... I saw an old email you sent with your blog address and I thought I would check it out. Your baby is so cute! It looks like you guys are having a blast. I am glad things are going so well for you. I have a blog too, incase you want to check it out, ellisendeavor.blogspot.com. (I'm not quite as good of a photographer!) Here's to keeping in Touch!!! Anna King-Ellis

The Chamberlain Family said...

What a little cutie bug!!!

The Chamberlain Family said...

What a little cutie bug!!!

The Chamberlain Family said...

Sorry, for the extra note. That is what happens when you have kids on your lap!