Thursday, April 9, 2009

Legally Bound

Yesterday we got a semi-important looking letter in the mail from the court house. Not, really understanding what it was I called our all knowing caseworker to translate. To our surprise the adoption is final, two months early!!! Jamis is now a legal Griner. I still can't believe it. I was never worried about having problems during finalization, but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I can't even tell you how good it feels to have everything DONE. The best part is that we now can take him to the temple and have him sealed to us of all eternity. Not only is he legally ours on earth now, he is soon to be ours for all eternity. I always knew this, but to have it, is completely different. For the first time, I'd like to introduce you to Jamis Calvin GRINER!!!!!!
We went out to eat at Rucker John's to Celebrate. This is the restaurant we ate at the night Chrissy went into labor. Its now our special little celebration place.




Some more fun pics taken this week

So Sad
Jamis loves to have a ride
The ever present stream of drool
What a ham this kid is



Please let me stay, I'll be a good boy.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations!!! thats such great news!!!

Erin said...

I got the goosebumps! Having been adopted myself- I know how you feel! My parents are my parents and when people ask where my "real" parents are I tell them they are at home. When they try to clarify- I have to explain to them what "real" parents are! Having spent a little time with the three of you- I know that the stars are aligned and that little guy is LOVED! Congratulations! We couldn't be happier or more excited for you! Life is good!!!!

The Guenters love the Griners- all three of you!

Unknown said...

A big, fat, huge, gigantic Congratulations from the entire Jensen Fam! :)

Jerry and Maaret said...

WOOHOO!!! How great for you all! I really love that last pic...

Curt Jensen said...

That is awesome!!!

Adrienne said...

yea! those pics are great

Tara and Dan said...

YAY!!!!! So happy for you guys!

Amber Lee said...

Yay! can't wait to see temple pics!

Audra said...

You have a great blog Janae! Jamis is soo cute too:-)I loved your posts about how awesome being a mom is-it really is!
Good luck on that Marathon in October! (I've done a half Marathon and that was enough for me!)

The Chamberlain Family said...

Wow! Congratulations. I just assumed every thing was already final. What a wonderful blessing to know that shortly you will be able to go to the temple together and be sealed as a family forever. That is so neat. I am so happy for you guys!